In the constantly changing business world, the most crucial goals now are maximizing profit margins and cutting costs. Businesses of all sizes pay a lot of attention to remote work, a widely used strategy tool. As of 2023, the offshoring and outsourcing industry is worth an amazing $92.5 billion worldwide, with the US alone adding a huge $62 billion to that total. Companies can now offshore non-essential tasks such as customer support, recruitment, staffing, or IT (Information Technology) services to concentrate on more critical areas of their businesses. In this article, discover how your company can unlock the benefits of remote work in the Philippines.
What is Remote Staffing?
Remote staffing is the process of hiring a group of people to work outside of the usual office, like from home, another locality, or another country. Remote employees are frequently considered as an extension of your in-house team. You can recruit remote workers and allocate specific duties to them for your company.
According to a 2022 report, it is estimated that 36.2 million workers, equivalent to 22% of the American workforce, will be engaged in remote work by 2025. This marks a substantial 87% increase from the levels observed before the onset of the pandemic.
The figures show that remote work is becoming more popular in the US. A sizable portion of the workforce already does this, and many more will start doing it in the next few years.
Is there a Labor Shortage of White-Collar Jobs?
The Great Job Migration
Motivated by factors such as burnout, improved work-life balance, and remote work, many professionals are leaving their current jobs in search of more desirable ones and more welcoming environments. This trend, accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, has caused people to rethink their priorities and look for new opportunities.
The Globalization of White-Collar Jobs
Three trends that have emerged over the last 15 years are combining to bring about professional globalization and the long-term offshoring of white-collar jobs:
- Technological Advancements (Generative AI)
- Remote Work Technologies
- Advance Connectivity and Communication Tools
- Generative AI technologies like ChatGPT are reshaping various professional fields, including software engineering, marketing, creative design, and administration.
- Companies are encouraged to combine generative AI with human efforts to improve productivity and efficiency.
- The rise of artificial intelligence (AI) is expected to transform work processes, creativity, scientific discoveries, and economic contributions, potentially adding more than $15 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
Remote Work Technologies
- Cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) technologies have become essential to business processes, enabling remote work and collaboration from anywhere in the world.
- Cloud computing has significantly impacted industries such as banking, healthcare, and retail, allowing for better data management, customer relationship management, and service delivery.
- Remote work technologies have blurred geographic boundaries, allowing professionals from all over the world to collaborate.
Advance Connectivity and Communication Tools
- Advanced communication tools, such as instant messaging platforms (e.g., Slack), secure cloud storage (e.g., Dropbox, SharePoint), high-quality videoconferencing software (e.g., Zoom, Teams), and real-time document editing software (e.g., Google Docs), have transformed collaboration processes.
- Cloud-based tools enable real-time collaboration on shared documents, enhancing professional teamwork and communication.
- With features like file sharing, voice, chat, and video meetings, modern collaboration solutions are completely changing how teams communicate and hold meetings.
Remote Work: Your Recruitment and Staffing Solutions
Surprisingly, 66% of American businesses have realized the benefits of offshoring and outsourcing, and a large majority say that cutting costs to save money is the main reason for making this decision.
Remote staffing non-core functions can be a game-changer in several ways!
Remote work can significantly reduce operational costs, especially for non-core operations, allowing businesses to allocate resources more efficiently.
Access to a larger talent pool:
Offshoring or outsourcing provides access to a diverse talent pool, including highly skilled professionals who might not be available locally, enhancing the overall skill set of the team.
By offshoring non-core tasks, businesses can focus on their core functions, leading to increased efficiency and productivity.
Offshoring enables businesses to scale their operations swiftly without hefty investments in infrastructure or hiring, making growth more manageable.
Non-core functions are those that are not essential to running a company but are still performed occasionally.
Non-core functions of small and medium-sized businesses include the following:
Remote staffing non-core functions allows business owners to free up valuable time and resources, enabling organizations to concentrate on expanding their companies and maintaining competitiveness in their respective industries.
How iSWerk helps Businesses in offshoring Remote Work
Introducing iSWerk, a leading offshoring company dedicated to assisting small and medium-sized businesses offload their non-core functions to remote workers in the Philippines.
iSWerk offers a comprehensive range of services, including recruitment, staffing, and virtual career solutions, tailored to the unique needs of businesses seeking remote work solutions.
Offshoring with iSWerk is not only practical but also hassle-free.
iSWerk manages all aspects of the offshoring process, ensuring a seamless experience for businesses.
iSWerk: Your Trusted Partner in Recruitment and Staffing
As of November 2023, Inc. Power Partner has named iSupport Worldwide and its virtual-first arm iSWerk as one of the most trusted partners in Recruitment and Staffing. The awarding body recognizes the world’s top B2B companies that help small and medium-sized businesses and startups grow.
As one of the leading providers of remote work in the Philippines, you can be confident that your company’s non-core tasks are being taken care of while you prioritize your core business.
By partnering with iSWerk, companies can focus on their core functions, fostering growth and innovation.
If you’re a small or medium-sized business owner seeking to delegate non-core functions to skilled remote workers, take the first step toward business growth and innovation.
Start your remote staffing journey with iSWerk today and experience the transformative power of strategic offshoring.